Monday, September 27, 2010

The deployment

Now when I typed "The deployment" I imagined the sound of the famous death march.(are you getting the ominous feeling?)
This particular blog is for the women and men out there suffering from "spousal deployment separation."
One of the many ;) reasons why my husband Jason married me was because of my history in the military.
We both thought that it would be quite the advantage when dealing with army requirements. HOWEVER, we were blissfully unaware how different it is to go from proud airborne soldier, to skulking army wife. Now, this is not to say that all army wives are that way. Just me. And, perhaps a few others who are not too proud to admit that at night they dream of the day their husband returns home, and tend to get a little hormonal whenever the topic arises.
I think the top three things I miss most are
1. Cuddling (kisses, snuggles... you know what I am talking about)
2. His help around the house
3. The upbeat attitude Jason always seems to have

Honestly, I miss everything about him *cue sad slow music* Life just isn't the same without him around. But, I know that we will truly be blessed in the long run with a stronger relationship and it will make it easier (slightly) next time he deploys.

What is a YEAR when we have an ETERNITY?

2 comments:

  1. We haven't gone through our first deployment yet, but BCT and AIT was over 8 months. It was hard, but there was never any worry. I think that's the part that will drive me insaine. I am online looking up traffic accidents when the hubz is an hour late from work! It's good that you keep things in an eternal perspective because I know that I can sometimes loose sight of the main event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A year isn't a long time compared to eternity, but in the moment it seems like forever. It's a good way to look at it, but like anything in life so much easier said then done.

    ReplyDelete